C’ERA UNA VOLTA… / Roma 12/21/2018
50 years ago, to the day, “C’era una volta il West” saw the light of day. Since then we know a couple of things about movies we did not know before.
1. Great movies are always considered too long.
2. The greatest Western has been made by an Italian.
3. Dubbing can improve a dialogue. In the German version Harmonica’s last line “Irgendjemand wartet immer.” (Someone is always waiting) sums up the emblematic grandeur of the movie better than the original version.
4. Soundtracks should be seen as an independent art form and done before the shoot.
5. Great movies shouldn’t be compared to books but operas.
6. Operas age better than movies.